Wednesday, May 7, 2014

FIRST LUSH AND MAC PURCHASE! (And Other What-nots)

Hey Kiddos!!

I bought all this this passed weekend...

(Method Pure Naked Body Wash in Ocean Surf, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15, MAC Satin Lipstick in Snob, Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser, A sample of Lush Ocean Salt Face/Body Scrub, Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, and EOS Shaving Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry) 

On Friday, I popped into Target to get a few odds and ends because I was practically out of everything-- body wash, makeup remover, shaving stuff, deodorant-- and I didn't want to be a big stink! So these things I won't go into depth about they are just stuffs to keep me going. However, I will mention the Biore cleanser (about $5 with a $1 off coupon on the bottle!) I got and used once, and just after that use I did really like! It smells really good and it seemed to do what it said it would, my pores appeared smaller and blackheads seemed a bit less noticeable after the first use. It did have a cooling, tingling feeling to it, which I enjoyed. I am going to forego use of this for now because of my Lush purchase, but I do not have any qualms with it so far. I will update this once I use it again.


So...after a horrific day at work on Saturday my crazy self left one mall to go to another! But I went to a better mall, West County. It is a bit more swanky, meaning it has a Nordstrom's, Macy's is stocked with many more luxurious beauty counters, and they have valet parking....schhaawhhattt?!? Besides that, West County is about a halfway point for me and my bestest friend Jenn to meet so I sent her a text saying I am heading that way and would love to see her! She agreed with the condition at some point we go somewhere that serves alcohol. DONE! AND DONE!

Let me first explain my objectives for this trip. 1.Was to get cleansing water from Sephora because both the Sephora inside the JCP I work, and the one in West County were out of stock, which meant I had to swallow the fact I couldn't use my associate discount and go the massive, free-standing Sephora...but really, twist my arm! LOVE THAT PLACE! 2. Check out the MAC counter at either Nordstrom's or Macy's just to see if I want to indulge (because I had a feeling once I started I won't want to stop buying).

Walked into Nordstrom's first...and kept walking. HA! They were doing makeup for girls going to prom. Gross, dealt with girls like that all day already, moving on. So ignoring my doggedly tired feet, I walked to Sephora, popped right in, got the bigger bottle of the cleansing water because I thought 'Why not since it's here?' All the really helpful associates asked if I needed any help, but I explained my mission was to only get this, and I am pretending I have blinders on because I can't buy anything else. (I will soon eat my words and sheepishly walk back in 30 minutes later to return my cleansing water.)

Next stop. Macy's! And what did I do?? Stopped at Lush (with Mac right there in my line of sight)..... Ok, I only stopped because one thing caught my eye, then all of the sudden, a darling little Lush girl jumped around the corner, completely startled me, and we started talking. She was so delightful, and it was her first day! I had a crumby day so why not chat with her and get pampered a bit? She tried out a couple products on me and they all smell sooooo lovely! Everything! Really. I have always wanted to try something from Lush because I knew they used a lot of good, natural ingredients which for me, is amazing! I have super sensitive skin having allergies to a lot of artificial fragrances, dyes, and other weird things like, THE COLD! Yes, I get hives all over my skin when it is cold. Even using an ice pack. Can't hold a cold drink for too long, but luckily I can drink them! ;) Ingesting cold things doesn't really bother me. I do get a bit of a scratchy throat, but no one can take ice cream away from me!!  Anywhovilles, with my Sephora bag in hand I wandered around Lush a bit more, passed most things because they are all bath things and I only have a shower. :/ Oh well, saves me money. Then the Lush girl came back around and asked what I got at Sephora, and I told her it was cleansing water. I love it really! But I use it to take my makeup off and then cleanse after. I could see a sparkle in her eye. She took me over to suggest one more, kind of, all-in-one product...Ultrabland. Dun-duh-da-dun!! This stuff is awesome.! After comparing ingredients and price I decide to go with the Ultrabland ($16.95 for 1.5 oz) as my first Lush purchase! Which brought me to eating my words and returning my cleansing water to Sephora (I can't tell you how guilty I felt doing this because I returned it to one of the girls I talked to in Sephora, embarrassing! Not to mention, it was may main objective for the trip.) and give this a try for a while.



This is more of a cleansing balm, which is something I will have to get used to just because I have been using foaming cleansers for so long. What you do with it is grab a dollop on your finger, and on a dry face rub it in to break down your makeup. I rub it for a while just because it feels pretty good-- you look like a crazy, hot mess with lipstick on your chin and black smudges on your forehead-- but it feels good. Then once you've rubbed your makeup free, you use a washcloth or cotton pads with warm water and just wipe it away. I have been using a washcloth, but I think I am going to switch to cotton pads just because I feel gross using the same washcloth over and over, and I also don't want to dirty a bazillion of them because I hate doing laundry! It leaves my face feeling really moisturized and soft. I totally understand why this is a cult product! The main makeup removing ingredient in this is product? Beeswax! Who knew?! 

Well, on to MAC I went. And from the title of this blog... I did purchase. Haha! What did I get, you ask?? Well, it was in the first picture! Just kidding... I was looking to get a new concealer because everything I have tried creases under my eyes by the end of the day. Well, some instantly. Everything I have read online and watched on YouTube said MAC Pro Longwear Concealer ($19 for 0.3 fl oz) is amazing! And guess what?? It totally is!! Best part about it, comes in a cute little bottle with a pump! It is a tiny bottle but you don't need much at all so it will last for ages! My other purchase was the satin finish lipstick Snob ($16), which I bought on a recommendation from a friend saying it would be the perfect color on me. Also love it! I will probably be wearing this all summer!! 







And here are a couple selfies with both MAC products in use. Apologies, for the quality of the photos they are from my phone, but honestly, the camera on my phone is probably better than my current digital camera. I really like this makeup look for summer! 




And after that really long story most people would say, "...and then you found five dollars?" Hardy-freakin'-har......well, guess what? I DID!! On our way to the Elephant Bar for some dinner and drinks I found not only one five dollar bill on the sidewalk, I found two!!! 10 BUCKS! So suck on that!! Used it to tip our super hot bartender!!!!

So until next time....check you later! 

-RuthieJeanJellieBean


No comments:

Post a Comment