HEY KIDDOS!
These are all the goodies that I have bought this spring (even though it is long over evident by the scorching heat)/ summer!! Over the last couple months this is what I have picked up. Most things are from JCPenney’s, H&M, or Forever 21. Oh yeah, and KATE SPADE! EEEEEEKK!!
I have found with the H&M sneakers I should have gotten one size smaller. I also didn’t wear socks with them for the first time to work and the insoles shifted so I then had sticky feet. Booo...but I will continue to wear them through the summer because they are too stinking cute and are a nice alternative to sandals for the days my big, lazy booty don’t want to paint my rachet toenails! The nude sandals, I just adore them! But you do get what you pay for. They are only about $8 and after wearing them several times some of the jewels are coming loose. But for the price...meh! They go with everything, I’ll wear them until they fall apart, and just buy another pair of sandals next summer!
Just a detail shot of my bag and the cute little spade on the side of the case!! I can’t say much about these items except that I AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY LOVE THEM! I was a bit of a splurge, but on an outing with my sister to the Premium Outlets in Chesterfield,MO we came across the Kate Spade Memorial Day Sale!!(And yes, it’s been that long ago I bought these things and am now posting them. #Win for this productive champion! HA!) ANY WHOVILLES, it was 50% off everything in the store INCLUDING clearance so I picked up the bag for $75 and the case for $20! WHOOT WHOOT! Sales associates were saying this was the biggest sale at the outlet store until Black Friday. No thanks! Bitches ain’t gonna find me no where near any retail establishment this Black Friday because I am not working in retail anymore! I value my life and sanity so I will be staying home since I am not obligated to be there anymore. I will take the bag now, and stretch my budget this summer thank you very much! It is such a cute summer bag. Small so you don’t lug too much stuff around on hot days. In memory of my grandma, I tied a silk scarf I had given her as a gift after I returned from my semester abroad in Wales. The scarf was a soft dusty pink and complemented the green well.
Oh so cute! A close up of the phone case. A little more than what I would usually spend on a phone case, but was totally worth it!!
I got this beauty from Forever 21 for about $7-$8, can’t really remember, to wear for the 4th of July celebrations! I had to use a necklace extender with it because the chain was broken off, and Forever 21 did not offer a discount for the defect. Thanks for nothing! But it was the only one they had left and I really wanted it to go with my outfit so whatevs got it anyway (outfit shown below). I have such a love/hate relationship with Forever 21.
I purchased these little bitties from Target for $29.99 to fulfill my need to follow the Birkenstock looking sandal trend. Good thing I did because these are my favorite, most comfortable sandals of the summer. They come in silver too!!
Probably my favorite pair of shorts I have had in a LOOOONNNGG time! These are high-waisted, side-zip, floral print shorts from Forever 21. They are only $12!! So that is the love part of my relationship with them because I have been living in these shorts. They look great with this sleeveless, sheer Nicole by Nicole Miller top from JCP I got on clearance for about $7, and the orange Bisou Bisou nylon bandeau also from JCP and about $5! I have also worn these shorts with a pink button-down blouse tucked in, a chunky, blue beaded necklace, and the black Target sandals. Adorable! Well, I thought it was anyway! ;)
Bandeaus: Part Two!! The other reason I got the bandeaus was to wear them under these Arizona rompers (a.k.a. playsuits, or jumpsuits) I also got from JCP. They were about $15 for the rompers and $5 for the bandeaus. The right is the outfit I wore for the 4th along with the necklace I mentioned above from Forever 21, and my red, high-top Converse Chuck Taylors. The outfit on the left right was just too dang pretty to pass up! It also looks really cute with the three piece necklace set that was also pictured above! Too cuuuuteeee!!!
So this I just HAD TO HAVE! I literally pulled this off the Z-racks as it was coming off the truck at JCP. I spent a little more for this because I could not wait for it to get marked. If I wait for things in the Bisou Bisou brand to get marked down there usually aren’t any of my sizes left! :/ Each piece was $24.99 on sale down from $36. I just had to get something for the matchy-matchy crop top and skirt trend that’s been around. The print is what sold me though. It is gorgeous!! Throughout this season I have been very attracted to the combination of blues and oranges! Hence, this is now in my wardrobe! If anyone is afraid of pencil skirts and just want to be comfortable in a skirt give the Bisou Bisou brand a try. They are incredibly comfortable. Trust. I have 4 of them now! Oh and their camis/under shirts, have about 8!! I am the definition of addiction.
Just wanted to share a detail of the print. There is a lot going, but it just works all together!
Another item I was instantly GAGA over when it first hit the floor in JCP. This is a Nicole by Nicole Miller dress. It was a doorbuster, plus my discount, plus some coupons so it ended up being about $20. I think it was originally $60 or something?? I don’t really remember because I got it CHEAP! HA! It was also meant to be because it matched my manicure that day. It has side cut-outs, and my bulge may be too bulgy, but I do not even care!! Got this to wear to a friend’s wedding in August so with the cut-outs I will just have my own personal air vents!
OOOHHH Look who had to jump in while I was taking photos! My little fur baby! This dress has been Miss Vixey approved!!
Let me introduce everyone to the love of my life!! Well, at least this summer’s fling! This kimono is also from JCP and is Olsenboye brand (the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen line for JCP). It was $25 and was a great investment for the summer because it is just too fabulous! I have worn it a lot. Over a short, black, jersey dress. With a black maxi skirt with a bright, yellow tank tucked in. And with a black tank and light denim shorts from H&M pictured below. So obviously versatile, and a wonderful statement piece.
Detailed shot of the print on the kimono!
So let me tell you about this wonderful adventure I had into H&M a couple weeks ago!! Walked in just to see what was new….and behold…...HOLY CLEARANCE!! They had soooooo much marked down. These shorts, unfortunately, were not on clearance but they were only $19.95! Why not!? They are a very light-wash denim. Loose-fit with a drawstring so very cool and comfortable in the blazing summer! The necklace, a clearance buy for $3, is a silver coin necklace. I just love the old coin look in jewelry, and like it so much more when it is that cheap! They also have it in gold!
Close-up of the coin necklace.
When I went back to H&M a week later to check out the 4th of July $4 deals I discovered they were having a buy one, get one sale on clearance accessories, and also jewelry. I got these earrings to wear with the Nicole dress above for the wedding. Finally, found an earcuff (top right) that I love the design of, and also found this cute little rope ring (so nautical) in antiqued gold. Purchased all for $11!
Now I am going to share my unwavering, unconditional love for these oversized t-shirts from H&M! These are on clearance now for $5 so I got every color/print I could in my size. Since they are made so large too I could get one size smaller than I usually am!! Makes me feel too good about myself! They are also from the Conscious line so they don’t make me feel as guilty for buying so many! I got the Leopard print, red, white/gold, and a zebra print (not pictured here but a detail below).
Detail of the Leopard print.
Detail of the white/gold. It is very subtle when you wear it. It is only when you are this close that you notice the gold in it. From far away it just seems as the shirt has a sheen.
Detail of the zebra print. I will confess, I lived in this particular shirt for about 3 days!! In love!
Another H&M clearance buy. Some floral print leggings for $5. Comfy comfy. I wish they had more of these. They had the same prints as the t-shirts, but I thought that would be a bit excessive (yeah Ruthie, but having 4 of the same shirt is not!?). I need to reevaluate my life. For real.
Close-up of the floral print. I just really loved the color of these leggings.
This was actually one of the first purchases I made in the spring. This pleated, coral, midi-skirt came from ASOS Curve was about $28. A great color for spring and summer, but is also a great investment piece because it can be worn throughout the seasons. I have been wearing it high-waisted with different crop tops I have. I always get so many compliments when I wear this skirt!
Thursday before the holiday, I went with my friend Jayme to Payless so she can pick up a pair of shoes for her daughter. I haven’t been in a Payless in a long time, and boy am I glad I popped in with her. That day they had an extra 20% off clearance! HECK YES! The silver shoes I got for $7!!
These are also from Payless and these were $8!! Both pairs are Christian Siriano for Payless. These are a dark blue with a faux suede on top and a faux leather heel! I am going to wear these with the Nicole dress and H&M earrings for the wedding in August!! So excited!!!!!
Now to end another ridiculously long post, but this did cover my haul for all of spring and summer!! There are always more things I want to get, but for now this will be it for the season. I got a few more bits of makeup and that will be the post to come. Hopefully soon I will be posting some outfits of the day so all can see what everything looks like on and together!
Also, another update! I do not work for JCP anymore!! WOO HOOOO!! No “Back to School” or “Black Friday” for me!! It did feed my shopping addiction (and the discount didn’t hurt), but it was time to move on! Retail is very exhausting, depressing, and not very rewarding anymore. It was making me more cynical of a person, and I was extremely unhappy. So moving on to better things! Got an office job and love it!! Going to concentrate on my art and ceramics for now.
So as one of my last purchases with my discount I got a new bed set. Actually a bed in a bag! I bought it for $30!! Then went back a few days later when they were having a clearance event, which was an extra 25% off clearance items, to get the price adjusted getting $13 back!! So I got this bitch for $17!!!
More makeup purchases coming up next!! As always, follow me on Instagram @ruthiejeankahl; Twitter @ruthiejeankahl; and on Facebook, facebook.com/ruthiejeankahl
CHECK YOU LATER!
-RuthieJeanJellieBean
No comments:
Post a Comment